Telescope - 用 Meteor.js 实现的 Hacker News 社区
Telescope is an open-source, real-time social news site built with Meteor
Note: Telescope is beta software. Most of it should work but it's still a little unpolished and you'll probably find some bugs. Use at your own risk :)
- Telescope is distributed under the MIT License
- Real-time (of course!)
- Password-based and/or Twitter auth
- Mobile-ready & responsive
- Invite-only access for reading and/or posting
- Markdown support
- Day by day view
Start hacking on this app on Nitrous.IO in seconds:
I recommend using either Meteor's own free hosting service, or checking out Modulus.
- Fill in your Twitter keys (by clicking on "Sign Up/Sign in" in your Telescope top bar)
- The first user account created will automatically be made admin
- Check out the settings page and fill out basic things like the site's name
Meteor uses local environment variables for a few things, such as configuring
email. While some platforms (like Modulus) make it easy to configure them
from their web dashboard, on a local dev environment the best way is to
set up an alias for the
mrt command. For example, to configure
Meteor to use Mailgun for email, in your
alias m='MAIL_URL=smtp://username:email@example.com:587/ mrt'
This can also be useful for starting Meteor on a specific port:
alias m4='MAIL_URL=smtp://username:firstname.lastname@example.org:587/ mrt --port 4000'